Friday Favs :: 11.7.14
Happy Friday everyone! It’s time for a little Friday Favs time and I think I picked some good ones for you all this week!
- Explaining how to get to and from the airports can be confusing for guests who are visiting the city. Not having a car cuts out the pick-up option and it’s not always a feasible option to trek to the airports to meet your guests. Momondo has made the process a little easier to understand though with a really great infographic guide on how to get to and from all 3 of the NYC metro are airports. Such a great resource to have bookmarked!
- Nothing says fall like pumpkin and somehow two of my favorite things, burgers + pumpkin have come together. In an unsuspecting combination, Umami Burger launched their Pumpkin Spice Latte Burger this week and I have to say I’m intrigued.. Signature beef, pumpkin pie spiced mascarpone, tempura japanese kabocha, coffee mollasses drizzle, and a roasted garlic aioli. I definitely will be checking this out!
- Are you a lover of french fries? Then I’ve found the perfect event for you this weekend.. Condiment brand, Sir Kensington’s (whose spiced ketchup is delicious btw) is hosting an exhibition this weekend called Fries of New York. Yep, you heard me right. Art and fries are meeting for this event to highlight over 100 different kinds of fries from all over the city.
- Fitness, healthy living and some city fun! That’s exactly what fellow NYC blogger, Lynette’s blog Life’s Better in Yoga Pants is all about. Whether you’re a fitness buff, or just looking for a practical way to incorporate some tips into your life, this is the blog for you.
- Country music is alive and well in NYC! It may have taken awhile, but country continues to make strides in the big apple and it can now add its first country music festival to the list! It was just announced that FarmBourough festival will be taking over Randall’s Island this summer! Tickets aren’t cheap, but there’s some great acts on the calendar already of the 3 day event.