Hey guys! I have some fun posts of some of my travels coming your way this week, but have to interrupt for a post with some exciting news. My apartment got picked for Apartment Therapy’s Room for Color contest! I just found out I made the cut this weekend while I was on vacation and boy am I excited! The submissions deadline had already passed so receiving an email that my apartment had been published was definitely a little unexpected!
The contest is driven by reader votes and because my entry was one of the last one’s to be added in the category I’m pretty behind on the voting (which ends this Friday). You guys can help me get to the next round though by adding my “Bold and Gold room” as a favorite here: apartmenttherapy.com/annas-bold-gold-room-210781. You just have to have an Apartment Therapy account and it’s super easy to create if you don’t have one already.
To say I’m excited about being featured is truly an understatement and whether I make it to the next round or not I’m just so excited they posted my apartment! :) :) Thanks in advance for all of the support!
Today’s song should be airline mixing ;-) on my way to Napa!
Dose of my “Subway Mixing” Playlist
Today’s preview, Christina Perri- “Burning Gold”
We made it to Friday everyone! Here’s a look at some of my favorites this week! Have a great weekend :)
- DoubleTree is known for their delicious fresh cookies and to celebrate the launch of the new Apple products, they lined the streets of 5th Avenue to brighten people’s days with some #CookieCare.
- Friends fans rejoice! In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the show they are opening a pop-up Central Perk cafe in SoHo for the next month.
- Gothamist released a solid "The 18 Best Pizza Places in NYC" list. They’re missing one of my favorites, San Matteo, but certainly have some other great options on there.
- The People’s Climate March is taking place in the city this weekend and is aiming to be “the biggest climate march in history”. It’s a serious issue, and it’s awesome to see so many people are ready to march in hopes of making a statement for change.
- Fall has definitely become my favorite season over the years, especially in NYC. The weather is just right, football, new TV shows.. I mean what’s not to love?! Which is why I love this article from Time Out New York, "50 Reasons Fall in New York is the Best". (Thanks to my friend for sharing!)
Dose of my “Subway Mixing” Playlist
Today’s preview, Meghan Trainor- “Dear Future Husband”
As baseball season comes to a close, I decided it was the perfect timing to do a wrap-up of some of my favorite stadium bites of the year.
I’ll be honest, I’m not much of a baseball fan.. I’m definitely more of a football girl, but Chris likes to go to the games and after my first visit I discovered that I do actually like something about the season.. the food! So Chris gets his sports fix, I get my food fix, all is good in the hood!
My number one choice at Yankee Stadium is always going to be the garlic cheese fries aka garlic cheesies! They were my first love that’s turned into a long-term relationship over the last 4 years. Garlic fries aren’t a new thing at stadiums across the country, but the cheese sauce is just some sort of artery-clogging gold that I can’t get enough of.
Next up are the chicken and waffle sandwiches. This was a first year stand and I have to say I approve. When I’m looking for solid stadium food, I really enjoy ordering items that I can’t get anywhere else, or at least that are semi-unique. I’d say this option definitely nails that category with the Yankee stamped waffle.
If you’re looking to elevate your taste a little above the classic baseball choices, Parm offers a nice option. Known downtown for their classic Italian bites, they also offer a location at the stadium to satisfy your Italian craving.
If I still have room at about the 7th inning then it’s time to get in on the ice cream helmets. Yes, I’m secretly a 5 year old and I love it. You usually see the kids with these, but considering I went to my first pro baseball game at the age of 21 I think I have some years to make up for! The ice cream is Turkey Hill's soft serve and you have the option for a topic. I always get the rainbow sprinkles because, well, everything is better with sprinkles!
We usually sit in the bleacher seats, but one game this year Chris scored some suite level tickets from one of his clients so we got to experience the game how the other half does. I have to say, it was pretty cool. Separate entrance, a lounge, bar options, food court.. The whole shabang. They even had a sushi bar up there. My favorite part was definitely the free pop, popcorn and peanuts though. I’m excited easily and heyyy free snacks! Granted that’s kind of included in the price of those tickets, but since we got them for free.. free snacks!
No matter where you sit though, it really is a good time filled with lots of delicious stadium food!