Happy Pi Day everyone! While the day is actually meant to celebrate the ratio of a circle’s circumference – woh, math talk – I thought we’d celebrate the other kind of pi.. PIE! I think this one tastes a little better too ;-)
So where should you head when you’re in the mood for some sweet flakey crusted goodness? I’ve got you covered!
- Hill Country Chicken: Come in for chicken, leave with some pie. Not only is Hill Country’s food awesome, but their pies are seriously on point too. They’re serving up classic favorites like Apple Streusel and Double Cherry and mixing it up with Salted Margarita and Cowboy Pie. I tried their Pink Lemonade special pie last summer (pictured above) and I’ve still been trying to find a pie to top it.
- Pies ‘n’ Thighs: I love this place for the name alone. Well-known in Williamsburg for their Southern bites, the restaurant recently also opened up a Manhattan location in the LES. Whether you want to get your chocolate fix with their Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie or try their Sour Cherry Pear Crumble Pie, they have you covered.
- Momofuku Milk Bar: Momofuku has never steered me wrong with their sweets! I’m addicted to their cornflake marshmallow cookies but they also have some delicious pies on their menu including their famous, Crack Pie. Crack pie skips the traditional fruit or nut filling and goes straight for a butterey, sweet and salty taste. You have to try it to know why it’s a fan-favorite.
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Four & Twenty Blackbirds is serving up some serious pie out in Brooklyn. You can order up a slice at their Gowanus location, the Brooklyn Public Library and at some other local restaurants. With flavors like Salty Honey, Chocolate Julep and Sweet Potato Apple Crumble, it definitely sounds like its worth leaving the UES for!
- Little Pie Company: If you’re looking for a delicious take on some of the classics, Little Pie Company is your spot. Between their seasonal options, their Sour Cream Apple Walnut Pie and Mississippi Mud Pie. There’s plenty on the menu to satisfy your pie craving!
Enjoy that pie NYC!