I have pretty exciting news to share! I have officially arrive back into the 21st century! With my new baby…. It doesn’t have a name yet, but it’s dressed in a nice pink sparkly case! Yes, it is true. I got an iphone 4S! I have been counting down the days for a possible upgrade. It’s funny, because I’m one of the most tech-savvy out of my friends, but I’m the last one to get a SmartPhone. It probably has something to do with the fact that I’m not one of the people to stand outside a store to spend hundreds on the latest gadget.
So, after waiting patiently for 2 years…I have joined the iphone revolution! Now, when the 4 year old sitting next to me on the bus pulls out their iphone on the bus (true story), I can whip mine out as well! Take that little kid… oh yes, I just said that.
So, without further ado, meet my new baby.
Shout-out to my Daddio for the Birthday money that funded my upgrade too! You’re the best!
Here are some of the things I am most excited about having an iphone:
- 8 Megapixel Camera: I take most of the photos for my blog with my phone, so this is going to dramatically increase the quality of those. Bye bye 1.8 megapixels…
- Siri: Siri is my new robot friend who will make calls, type texts, and tell me where I can get a burger. Oh, and if I get lost in the middle of Midtown, she can help me find the subway and back home.
- Instagram: One of the hottest photo sharing tool right now.. take a pic.. add effects.. and share with your social networks. Love it!
- Games: Words with Friends, Word Scramble, Angry Birds.. Uh oh, this could become trouble
- Google Calendar: All of my scheduling syncs right to my phone so I never miss anything!
- Social Media Tools: Ah, finally I can pull my phone out at an event or social media conference to live-tweet. Never again do I have to explain what year my phone was made in and remind people of t-9.